Billions of dollars are spent annually in the acquisition, management, and transfer of rights of way. With the technical skills required for proficiency in this complex activity, IRWA’s specialized education and training programs provide an essential foundation for right of way professionals across the U.S. and Canada in all right of way disciplines: negotiation and acquisition, management, appraisal, relocation assistance, environmental, asset/property management, real estate law, engineering and surveying.
2017 Fall Forum Education Day – As a part of the Region 3 Fall Forum, Chapter 20 hosted an “Education Day” on Monday, October 9. Thank you to all who presented and all who attended! Below are the presentations from each session; along with presenter bios and contact information.
- Overall Schedule
- Session 1: Land Acquisition for CHS Field
- Session 2: Blue Line Extension LRT Project Case Study
- Session 3: Panel Discussion with Professionals in the ROW Field (YP Focused)
- Session 4: GIS – Land Rights Field Use
- Session 5: The St. Croix River Crossing – Project Summary and Acquisition Process
- Session 6: A Brief Primer on Geohazards in Region 3 – Mitigating the Risk to Asset Integrity
2018 Education Courses – Click on the links for more information and to register.
- Course 504: Computing Replacement Housing Payments (January 30-31, 2018)
- Course 410: Reviewing Appraisals in Eminent Domain (March 26, 2018)
- Course 804: Skills of Expert Testimony (TBD – Spring 2018)
- Course 100: Principles of Land Acquisition (October 24-25, 2018)
- Course 102: Elevating your Ethical Awareness (October 26, 2018)
- SR/WA Review Study Session (TBD – Fall 2018)