The attendees from Chapter 20 provided their favorite moments listed below from the 2019 IRWA Educational Conference!
1. Favorite Educational Session?
- Easement Valuation – an Oxymoron was great and so was Unbelievable Encroachments.
- Improving Stakeholder Engagement on Corridor Projects with 3D Scanning and Digitized Reality
- Relocation Roundtable
- Farming Sessions
- Favorite Session was the one on “Protect Your Prime Asset – Field Staff Safety.” It was good to know that we at GRE land rights have implemented most of the safety requirements suggested.
- Utilities Roundtable
- Right Tree, Right Place – ITC’s Vegetation Management Program From Conception through Litgation
2. Favorite Food in Portland?
- Fish, of course! Salmon and Halibut
- Killer Burger – of course!
- Burger at Killer Burger!
- Killer Burger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- The food at the RWIEF Monday Night at the Square was awesome!
- Vietnamese Food
- The Vietnamese Place a few blocks from our hotel. You know it has good food when there is a line out the door! Cherries from the Hood River Valley were pretty delicious too!
- Apple Cider Donut from Blue Star Donuts
3. Strangest/Oddest/Most Memorable thing you saw or did in Portland (with photo/s if you have them)?
- Mount Hood – very majestic and great hiking in the area
- The Darth Vader Flaming Bag-Pipe Unicyclist. I thought he was awesome
- Paul Bunyan Pictures. And singing with the Band!
- Paul Bunyan surprise appearance!
- Parade and had a great time at the Canadian event. The drummer was just so much fun to watch!
- Most memorable for me was seeing Dan and Mindy (and Paul Bunyan) at the closing gala. The conference in Minneapolis next year just got “real”
- The Rose Parade was crazy. I’ve never seen a parade so large!
- I got into a Lyft, and they had a very creepy doll on the dashboard staring at the backseat!
4. Other Conference Tidbits that would be fun to share?
- Great to see others from our Chapter but also to meet others from various locations and to chat with them
- I thought the Rose Parade was pretty impressive. I’m not very much of a parade person, but their parade put every other one I’ve seen to shame. Texas considers the term “kitty-corner” as “katty-corner”, which I found odd and told them the whole state was wrong!
- It was really fun to see Chapter 20 handed the “baton” to host the 2020 Conference.
- It was another superb conference. I’m really looking forward to the conference in Minneapolis next year and working with the chapter and region members on another very memorable conference. Good luck and have fun!
- Great conference location. I enjoyed the conference so much better that in recent years past.
- Loved that everything was so close. Was fun to see “behind-the-scenes” a little and start getting ideas for 2020 in Minneapolis! Chapter 20 has a fun year ahead!
- Conference was great – and it was fun to explore Oregon after the conference was done. The Oregon Coast was my favorite!
- If you’re new in town, you have to hit up a rooftop bar!